It's been a bit over a week since we opened Tubes For Amps. It's been a whole lot of work, and things continue to move forward.
Week in Review
We are getting trickle of a traffic at this point. Great thing is, we are getting sales which makes for stellar conversion rate.
The orders are easier to process on the new site, and shipping costs less for the customers on the new site. So the new site is even a win-win.
We added Fender Tube Set containing tube sets for over 100 different Fender Amps to the catalog. The data was added programmatically, and the tube set photos were generated programmatically. This was a lot of work but was a lot of fun.
We also switched AdWords campaigns from old site to new site. The campaigns are ramping up, and it's still settling down, but we are getting really good CTRs.
We transferred some contents from the old site, and made the old URL redirect to the new site. This moves some of the SEO mojo from old to new. Search engines are usually pretty slow to respond, so we needed to do this as early as possible.
We still got a lot of things to do.
There are still a few more features we'd like to add to the site. We also need to add more information to the site - for example, we offer free shipping anywhere in California, but we also offer free domestic shipping for orders over $100.
We still need to keep transferring content from the old site to new, and add even more content.
Oh, and we are going to add a lot more products, not just tubes. This will be coming in a week or so.
So much to do, so little time. We already had feedback form a couple of customers on the new site. It's always great hearing from our customers (who are all over the world), and it's even better getting positive feedback!